A large construction company in Hertfordshire is looking at adding to their highly reputable, growing tax team. This is a newly created position due to internal promotion and will play in integral part in the wider finance function. Reporting directly into the Head of Tax, working alongside a Senior Manager you will gain excellent exposure.
– Preparation and submission of corporation tax returns for the business and subsidiaries.
– Manage the VAT documentation process, Intrastat returns and EC Sales Lists submitted to HMRC for the business and subsidiaries, meeting the strict deadlines.
– Delivery VAT advice to the business and respond to VAT and tax queries.
– Be a key player in leading the VAT compliance process.
– Develop sector specific VAT knowledge.
– To document, maintain and regularly review system processes with VAT implications to ensure compliance with European and UK VAT legislation.
– Support and deputise for the Tax Manager
The candidate will be ACA/CTA/ACCA qualified from a Big 4/Top 10 practice, looking for their first in-house move. This is a brilliant opportunity for someone looking to progress quickly and get exposed to a variety of different tax issues.