A global technology group are seeking to appoint a Head of Indirect Tax to take control of all indirect tax matters, both domestically and internationally. This role will report into the newly appointed Head of Tax and Treasury and have direct responsibility for two managers within the team, one of which is yet to be hired.
The group’s technology services a variety of sectors, with an interesting history and independent backing this newly created role will allow you to put your own stamp on an established, international finance function.
– Strategy for all indirect matters globally, working closely with both the incumbent team, head of and advisors to create an international plan and manage risk
– Advising the group on developments internationally, with particular focus on future VAT/GST implementations (e.g. Bahrain 2020) and the impact on the wider business
– Manage two managers within the team, one compliance focused and the other systems, ensuring their professional goals are nurtured through CPD
– Assist with tax reporting including oversight of deferred taxes
– Liaise closely with domestic and international tax authorities and advisors, as well as business partnering with senior finance and operational staff
– ACA/CTA/ACCA Qualified or HMRC trained would be highly beneficial. Up-to-date knowledge of current and future VAT legislation is essential for this role
– Training within Big 4 would be preferred
– Applicants should be highly strategic and analytic, able to quickly learn new areas of taxes (e.g. WHT) to assist with the wider tax team. Applicants are not expected to have experience covering all areas of the remit
For more details email James.Young@communicate-rs.com to arrange a briefing.