As we have seen multiple times this year, this rapidly expanding Fintech business is looking to hire a greenfield Head of Tax for several reasons; predominantly to cut down on advisory spend and take more control of their taxes whilst increasing transparency.
The business (payments focused) has grown at a remarkable rate over the past few years and has attracted major investment, leading to a 9 figure valuation. Along with the standard package, this role will offer a share-plan making the opportunity very lucrative.
Responsibilities will include:
– Raising taxes profile within the group, working with C-suite and stakeholders to build on tax awareness
– Establishing best practice for in-house tax reporting
– Tax strategy and planning opportunities where appropriate
– Ownership of all tax matters, currently either outsourced or sat with the FSSC. It will be up to you to decide what you do with this moving forward
– Managing international tax matters inclusive of TP (there is an on-going Big 4 project on TP documentation)
Ideally you will be:
– ACA/ACCA and CTA qualified with Big 4 or Top tier tax training
– Experienced in introducing best practice tax reporting standards on an international scale
– Experienced in working with senior stakeholders for projects and to increase tax awareness
– Versed in wider tax matters, inclusive of indirect taxation and personal taxes
– Ready to build on a fairly sparse tax function