A global technology firm are looking to hire a Head of Tax for UK & Ireland to be based in Leeds, on a 3 or 4 days a week basis.
This is a newly created position with a group entering the UK market through several acquisitions and will lead an inherited team of two tax accountants, one focused on CT and one on VAT. People management and development will be a focus of the role, along with process development and a wide oversight remit. The position reports into a Global Head of Tax based in Western Europe.
The company has been growing internationally at a rapid rate and have only “broken ground” in the UK market mid-2019. With market-beating growth and a product line that is COVID-proof, this is an extremely exciting time to be joining the business.
– Manage all tax reporting and compliance processes for UK and Ireland, as prepared by tax accountants, identifying areas for automation and improvement
– Maintain tax strategy in-line with the group’s tax governance and risk management policies
– Answer UK and Ireland focused tax queries as and when presented by the group, providing research where the answer is not immediately apparent
– Act as tax subject matter expert on all outbound finance projects
– Team management of two tax accountants on their development to tax managers
– Manage and maintain relationships with external advisors
– At least 8-10 years’ tax experience, qualified in practice or trained through industry both considered
– Wide tax exposure with a focus on CT, happy to turn your hand to different areas, researching tax legislation where required
– Demonstrable experience of people management
– Confident and a strong communicator with all levels of personnel