My client is a leading publisher of specialist and intelligent content, covering an interesting range of topics. They are looking for a strong number one in the finance team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to strengthen their publishing CV and grow their experience leading a function. The role is to provide strategic financial direction and advice, as well as a financial administrative service, to ensure the effective management of the Company’s finances and financial compliance responsibilities.
• Develop, implement and maintain effective financial processes to optimise financial performance
• Prepare the management accounts and assist with the preparation of the annual accounts and budget
• Produce cash flow forecasts and variances against budget projections to assist financial decision making.
• Produce regular analysis of income and expenditure to assist in the budget monitoring process.
• Manage the operating profit and loss account and balance sheet to produce accurate and timely financial information to ensure we meet regulatory and business requirements.
• Oversee the operation of the external payroll bureau, preparing payroll and establishing necessary controls and checks to ensure all employees are paid accurately and on time.
• Manage regulatory requirements to ensure the Company’s financial/legal obligations are met. Act as the main point of contact for the bank, auditors, HMRC and other relevant external regulatory/financial bodies, dealing with queries and providing necessary information, including preparation and submission of VAT return.
• Ad hoc tasks and projects