A FTSE-100 Insurance business are seeking to appoint a VAT Manager to cover compliance and advisory responsibilities for EMEA.
This is a newly created position, that has come about due to the current VAT Manager being promoted onto a global transformation programme.
– Review VAT returns as produced by the group VAT Accountants for Europe, reviewing the compliance process and implementing improvements where required
– Reviewing VAT reporting methodology
– Reviewing the current MTD project and advising on improvements
– Manage the upcoming PESM review in conjunction with the Big 4 advisors – previous PESM experience is not specifically required
– Input into ongoing finance projects such as the global transformation programme
– Qualified in Top Tier or Big 4 financial services team preferably, or at least with partial exemption experience
– In-house experience/training would also be considered
– Up-to-date knowledge of current indirect tax legislation including but not exclusive to MTD and Brexit
– Knowledge of IPT would be beneficial but is not required
– The ability to quickly pick up new systems and processes would be highly desirable