Communicate have collaborated with a global FTSE-250 business in their search for a Group Financial Controller. The firm has undergone a significant amount of change over the last five years; several new acquisitions have significantly changed their global profile.
This Media Company has made 3 recent acquisitions that have significantly expanded their product offering and created the need to fill this position. In this role you will lead the process of conglomerating the finance functions across the newly acquired companies. The business is in need of a first-class Controller to oversee all aspects of internal analysis, drive the development of the Group forecasting team and oversee/manage the continued development of Budgeting, forecasting and modelling processes.
Reporting to the Group FD you will be responsible for a large team and act as the lead for budgeting and forecasting across the group. You will coordinate this entire function across the group and provide reports for the executive management team.
The ideal candidate will have experience within the finance teams of large Groups and be looking to step into a business with an extensive degree of complexity. This role will be the next step for a candidate with excellent career trajectory and ambitions to advance within the finance team.
• Consolidation of P&L, financial statements, cash flows
• Oversee daily control of the group
• Provide strategic analysis to group FD and senior management
• Major role in forecasting, budgeting and development of 3 and 5 year business plans
Qualifications / Experience Required:
• ACA Big 4 Qualified with significant PQE
• Extensive technical accounting knowledge within large plc’s (FTSE 250 / 100 businesses ideally)
• A proven track record of leading sizeable teams, ranging from part-qual to senior post-qual staff